Due to ongoing expansion, Tango Telecom is seeking an experienced Test Engineer to join our team in Limerick, Ireland. We want a highly motivated engineer to become part of an agile team within a fast-paced environment. This role will provide the successful candidate with scope to participate in developing and growing the function within the company. This is an excellent opportunity to work in an innovative and stable company driving the development of cutting-edge software solutions for the global mobile telecommunications market.
You will develop and maintain various aspects of the Software Test and Test Engineering function within the company, covering a broad range of products and technologies. The principle areas of responsibility will be to develop, maintain, participate in and be a driving force for;
- Software testing of Tango Telecom products (functional, system, regression, performance, load, build validation, scheduling, etc)
- Creation and maintenance of a library/database of test related documentation and tools.
- Monitoring, reporting and contributing to the ongoing improvement of all aspects of software quality, design and delivery
- Development and maintenance of all aspects of the Test Lab and test environments (hardware/OS/software)
- Adoption and/or design and creation of appropriate software test tools
- Provision of backup to other teams internally within the organisation and externally on customer sites as required
- Participation in the generation and delivery of product and test related training material
- Participation in product related documentation reviews and contributions
- Design of useful lightweight processes for interaction with other teams internally
- Occasional international travel
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
You will have a relevant degree and a minimum of 4 years relevant industry experience. You will also have experience in some of the following areas:
- Software test (telecommunications, IP, distributed systems, HA)
- Software test (functional, regression, load, performance, unit)
- Software test tools (JMeter, Seagull, Selenium, etc)
- Design and creation of software test tools (Java, C, Scripting, etc)
- Unix, Linux (operating systems install, hardware install)
- Virtual machines and cloud computing (VirtualBox, VMware, KVM, etc).
- IP Networking and interfaces (physical and logical setup and configuration, routing protocols, ethernet based telco port cards, various cabling standards, Wireshark)
- Telco protocols (Diameter, RADIUS, GSM, SS7, Sigtran, SMS/MAP, GPRS/GTP, CAP, INAP, USSD etc)
- Telco services (SMS, voice, data, policy control, USSD)
- Charging interfaces and protocols
- Software quality metrics and design principles
- Databases and scripting (SQL, MySQL, Oracle, Shell Scripting, Perl/Python/Groovy)
- Rest API testing (Postman, Rest Assured)
We are offering you a highly competitive package and an excellent opportunity for career progression in a rapidly expanding, award-winning company. Please email your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org.